Search This Blog

Monday, August 25, 2014

Intro to Journalism- A new card has been added to the Deck!

It's been so long, yet all too short...

Remember how I was saying that there might be a lengthy period of radio silence on this blog while I tried to adjust to the new school year, living situation, and various other personal matters? Well, after shuffling the Deck a few times and experimenting with different hands, I decided to add a new card to adjust the balance a little bit... and the gist of this incredibly forced CCG metaphor is that I'm taking a class this semester called Intro to Journalism, and as part of this class I am required to make a blog post every weekday. I'll still be posting my usual reviews and other editorials I manage to squeeze out of the mire that is my brain, but there will also be some more variety in the kinds of posts that end up here. I'm quite excited for an opportunity to grow as a writer, especially seeing as games journalism is a field that has been a career goal of mine for quite some time.

The short and sweet version of this is, you'll hopefully be seeing a lot more of me as the days go by. Consider this an experimental phase for The Deck of Many Things. In the meantime, I'll soon have more updates on my progress in Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward!

2 comments:

  1. I like this Blog. Nice work. My son plays League of Legends...a lot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been there myself, I have a friend who is really into competitive gaming so he tried to get all of us into LoL. It's fun for a while, but I can't say that it ever really clicked with me... glad you liked the blog, though!

      Delete