Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Deck Profile- Digivolve 2.0

Those who regularly play Yu-Gi-Oh! with me will be well aware of my fondness for the Evolsaur archetype, or 'Digimon' as they are affectionately referred to among the community. I already did a Evolsaur deck profile back for PG's Game Room, but the deck received a significant improvement with the card Evo-Singularity, which is an incredibly powerful trap card that provided the support the deck needed to see a boost in play. As such, I have come up with a revised version of my earlier 'Digivolve' deck.

The key concepts of the Evolsaur deck haven't changed all that much. The goal is still to use Evolzars Laggia and Dolkka to control the field with their powerful negation effects, while using the various effects of Evoltile and Evolsaur monsters to provide the necessary Xyz materials. Some have compared Evolsaurs to Gladiator Beasts, in that they are a toolbox for a certain kind of card (in this case, Xyz Monsters rather than Fusions). The addition of Evo-Singularity, which allows the Xyz Summon of any Evolzar using an Evoltile and Evolsaur in the Graveyard, makes these monsters even easier to get on the board, as well as allowing for the use of Evolzar Solda without clogging up the deck with Level 6 Evolsaurs (I like Elias, but my experimental Rank 6 Evolsaur build had me drawing into him far more often than I would have liked).



For additional attack power, I've added an additional copy of Evolsaur Cerato (a 1900 ATK beater that can become a 2100 ATK beater when summoned by an Evoltile), as well as Blaster, Dragon Ruler of Infernos. My trap lineup is odd, to say the least- in addition to the mandatory three copies of Singularity, I'm also running triple Threatening Roar and triple Trap Stun for defense and stalling purposes. For competitive play, I would strongly advise a more varied selection of traps, but then again, I'd never consider my builds to be competitive in the first place. Personally I enjoy continuously stalling for time with multiple copies of Roar, and wanted an excuse to use the Gold Secret Trap Stuns I pulled from the Premium Gold set, hence my eccentric trap lineup.

When you get right down to it, the basic tenants of the deck haven't changed all that much. Westlo is still a slightly slow card, seeing as it has a Flip Effect, but with Singularity dead Westlos can be reused to make Evolzars should your opponent destroy the Westlo before it gets its effect off. Three Diversity are present for searching, and the Najasho/Evo-Force combo remains as potent as ever. This is still a deck focused on Special Summoning a great number of Rank 4 Xyz, but that process has been made considerably easier with the added power of Evo-Singularity.

Well, without further ado, here is the revised deck list!

MONSTERS x17

Blaster, Dragon Ruler of Infernos
Evolsaur Darwino x2
Evolsaur Cerato x3
Evolsaur Diplo x2
Evolsaur Vulcano x2
Evolsaur Pelta
Evoltile Westlo x3
Evoltile Najasho x3

SPELLS x14

Evo-Force x3
Dark Hole
Evo-Diversity x3
Pot of Duality x2
Mystical Space Typhoon x3
Enemy Controller
Primordial Soup

TRAPS x9

Threatening Roar x3
Trap Stun x3
Evo-Singularity x3

TOTAL- 40

Extra Deck x15

Gaia Dragon, The Thunder Charger
Evolzar Solda
Tiras, Keeper of Genesis
Adreus, Keeper of Armageddon
Number 61: Volcasaurus x2
Evolzar Laggia x3
Evolzar Dolkka x3
King of the Feral Imps
Evilswarm Exiton Knight
Number 101: Silent Honor ARK

No comments:

Post a Comment